Up next for Liverpool is a first trip to the newly named Sports Direct Arena, and a chance to do battle with the emerging Newcastle United this year. With Newcastle sitting in sixth place in the table and still only 5 points off fourth, it’s still conceivable that they may pinch that last Champion’s League spot. Liverpool stay in seventh a further 8 points behind Newcastle and any dreams of participation in next year’s flagship European competition are now well and truly over.
Match-Up And Facts Corner
(Provided by InfoStradaSports: Follow on Twitter)
- Tim Krul and Pepe Reina are the only 2 players from both sides to play every minute of every game in their respective sides in the Premier League this season.
- Shola Ameobi and Andy Carroll have both come on from the bench 13 times this season, more than any of their team-mates.
- Leon Best has been substituted 14 times this season, more than any other Newcastle player.
- Dirk Kuyt has been substituted 10 times for Liverpool this season, more than any other Liverpool player.
- Danny Simpson is the only outfield player from both teams to have started all 30 games in the Premier League this season.
- Demba Ba is Newcastle’s top scorer in the Premier League this season with 16 goals.
- Luis Suarez in Liverpool’s top scorer in the Premier League this season with 7 goals.
- Both Newcastle and Liverpool have benefited from 4 own goals this season.
- The last draw at Newcastle between these two sides was on 6th December 2003.
- Newcastle have a streak of 13 games without a draw against Liverpool in the Premier League and they have conceded at least one goal in each of their last 11 matches against Liverpool in the League.
- Newcastle are now 6 home matches without a defeat in the League. Last defeated at home by West Brom 2-3 on 21st December 2011.
- Liverpool have now lost 3 matches in a row away from home and haven’t drawn an away game since 21st December 2011.
On Page 2 (click below right): Newcastle’s Approach
- Good Read
This article has had 4,390 Views